Monday, April 12, 2010

Time flies...

So, I realize that I haven't posted much since Corinne was born. I just haven't found the time to do everything I'd like to do. I'm sure as both kids get older and more independent, it'll get easier. I'm going to try to do quick updates on both kids...we'll see how it goes and if I can actually finish a post!

Barrett update:
B's been growing like a weed lately. I've had to buy him a new summer wardrobe in the past few weeks. We used to get hand-me-downs from a neighbor, but that kid's growth has slowed while Barrett's has gone into turbo speed, so we aren't getting too much from them anymore. That's okay...I like shopping for him.

He's been having a little trouble adjusting to Corinne's presence. He was mostly ignoring her for the first couple of weeks, but he has been very jealous of her lately and has lashed out at her quite a few times. I've had to keep my eye on him big time, for fear that he'll hurt her. So far, he's just lightly hit her, but she still cries. I hate it and send him to his room (which he hates) every time. He's slowly coming to understand that he just can't hit her. He has some good days where he's really sweet to her and some bad where he's not sweet to anyone! He also has been demanding attention from me. He'll try to get into my lap while I'm feeding her and will reject Max's help with some things and will yell "NO!! MOMMA!" if Max tries to do something Barrett wants me to do. He's never had to be patient before and he's never had to accept that Momma is busy and can't do exactly what he wants, so it's understandable. He's meaner to other kids lately, too, but we can't decide if that's just because he's 2 or if it's because he's a new big brother.

All that being said, he's still a really great kid. He's so funny sometimes! We've witnessed him doing baby stuff with his dolls and stuffed animals, like feeding them bottles, wrapping them up in blankets, kissing them and putting them to bed. He's talking more here lately and although he's not yet speaking in full sentences, he's making a lot more sense to us. He's using adjectives, especially colors, to describe things, so we are able to satisfy him quicker. For example, he can tell us that he would like the blue cup, so we don't waste time going thru 3 or 4 cups trying to figure out what he'd like.

Corinne update:
C's doing pretty well, too. We took her to her 2 week appointment, where we found that she weighs 9 pounds, 8 oz and is 21 inches long (at that time, anyway). That makes her in the 75th percentile for both weight and height. She's had a few rough days over the past weekend, and we were afraid that she might be suffering from colic. Max went out and got her some gripe water last night, which seemed like it helped. She's just been really fussy and spitting up quite a bit. Last night, though, after we gave her the gripe water, she slept for 5 hours straight, woke up to eat and then slept for 4.5 more hours. I really can't complain about that! She seems like she feels a lot better today, so maybe we're on the right track. She's a much more relaxed baby than Barrett was. She's content being awake and looking around from her bed for a bit, whereas Barrett typically cried for us to come get him as soon as he woke up. He still does that, actually! Corinne has an appointment with the surgeon that did her stitches after she got cut during the c section (see my previous post if you don't know about it) next week and hopefully he'll tell us that she's all healed and that will be the end of that. She's also due to go back to the pediatrician at 8 weeks, so I'll report back after that. She's smiling more and more...here's hoping she's a happy girl!

Well, I actually got to finish the post, with only one break to go out into the backyard to retrieve Barrett's milk cup. Yay! Maybe I'll get time to post some pictures later. I'm not getting my hopes up, though!

No comments:

baby baby