Sunday, September 7, 2008

My sick baby

Well, no doubt about it, Bear is definitely a sick boy. When his temperature reached 103 yesterday, we decided it was time to call our pediatrician's after-hours clinic. We were the only patients there, so it was a quick appointment, thank goodness. The doctor says my Bear has a sinus infection. Go figure. His momma had a little trouble with that recently! So now, we're shoving some mixture of antibiotics, decongestant and Tylenol in his mouth every 4-6 hours. Let me tell you, he loves taking medicine. Okay, that was a lie. He's so grumpy and I can tell he wants me to fix it, but I just can't. He's had a couple tiny illnesses in the past, but this one kicks all those in the hiney. He's not interested in sleeping, eating, playing or having his nose wiped. He's mostly concerned with me holding him. Last night was pretty bad--probably the worst night we've had since he was a newborn. He and I slept on the couch for much of the night, because it seemed better for Bear to sit up a little. We made it to bed around 4 am, when Bear finally conked out for 3 solid hours. And let me tell you, I treasured those 3 hours. Anyhow, the fever is mostly gone, so hopefully this sickness is on its way out with it. I'll let you know in 10 days when we're done with the antibiotic!

No comments:

baby baby