Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Grouchy Bear

Bear has been grouchy lately. So grouchy, in fact, that I don't want to take him anywhere. We stayed home yesterday and are going to do the same today, which makes ME kind of grouchy. I like to at least get out and take a walk or something every day, but he actually seems better if we stay put. I didn't realize how grouchy he was until we visited a friend on Sunday who has a 5 month old. That baby was HAPPY. He was laughing and smiling until he fell asleep and then he woke up and smiled some more. I wonder if Bear will just never have that sunny of a disposition...kind of like his momma?! He always cries when he wakes up from a nap and wants us to come get him. Bear does laugh and smile but just not as frequently as my friend's baby does. It seems like Bear is often frustrated and I'm wondering if he'll be a little happier when he can physically do what he wants. He will try to reach for things and realize that he cannot, so he cries. He wants to stand up, but cries when his legs give out on him. He wants to roll over and cries when he can't quite do it. As I'm writing this, I'm wondering now if maybe it's not good that these things frustrate him. I mean, ignorance is bliss, right? I don't want Bear to be happy and carefree because he doesn't strive to do anything. I want him to be determined and ambitious. Maybe he already is and I should stop worrying. Since he's 3 months old today, I'm expecting him to start being able to accomplish the physical things that are bugging him. Then he can move on to other things like crawling! I think I'll worry about that another day.

No comments:

baby baby