Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh....

I got some sleep finally! Bear went to bed at about 7 and didn't wake up, other than a couple times to eat, until 8! I slept in my own bed until 6 and only slept on that #$@% futon for a couple hours rather than ALL NIGHT. We ended up giving the poor kid Tylenol last night, thinking that he might be teething. He could have just been overtired, but he calmed down not too long after taking it and went into a deep sleep. We even skipped bathtime last night in favor of SLEEP. I feel kind of bad, thinking about it this morning. I mean, we probably aren't doing him any favors by screwing with the routine, but the routine was already all messed up from the night before, so I don't know.

I just realized that I never reported back on the professional photo day. Bear was really cooperative and smiled in every picture, which is great. I spent too much money on the pictures, which is not so great. And now, I'm not even sure that I ordered the right sizes. I didn't have any idea how much it should cost for photos, so Max and I didn't even talk about it before I went. Well, the photographers are also salespeople, so the woman there was able to talk me into things that I didn't really need. I wish they would have just had a written package price sheet, but of course they didn't. Man, what a crappy way to run a business. It's almost as bad as buying a car. It's like there's some secret to it that the general public doesn't know and has to go into it prepared to get ripped off. Next time, though, I'll be more prepared. I'll know how much I'm going to spend before I get there and I'll know what sizes I want and I won't be afraid to tell the photographer what I want and don't want. I was just a little overwhelmed by the decisions to be made the other day and the way they were presented to me was supposed to be confusing, I think. On a positive note, the pictures came out really well and I think we'll be happy we got it done. We just might have a few left over that we'll keep in a book or something!

I think, since it is a nice day already, I am going to see if my neighbor wants to take her kids to the park this afternoon with Bear and me. Bear's only been the one time, and even though he's a little stone-faced in the pictures, he enjoyed it. Plus, it would be good for us to get out a little. Anyway, it's a good excuse for me not to clean the house. As I mentioned yesterday, my mom will be here on Thursday and I at least need to get clean sheets and towels up to the guest room! I don't want to right now, though! I feel too good after sleeping to stay cooped up!

No comments:

baby baby