Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Lunch, etc.

Bear and I are going to a lunch today that is hosted by one of the moms from my new moms club. I am really hoping that Bear doesn't, as some people here in MS say, "act the fool" while we're there. He's been so crabby lately, I'm almost afraid to take him. I committed to it a while back, though, so I really should go. It's a vegetarian lunch and everyone makes something to bring. I made this crustless quiche that my husband really likes, so hopefully it will go well. I saw that other people were bringing stuff that wasn't extremely hard to make, like vegetable pizza and artichoke dip, so I'm not too worried. I think most of us are too busy to make a gourmet dish to take somewhere that we have to be at 10:30 am! Some of the moms in the club have 3 or 4 kids, so I know they're busy!

I also feel as if I've had almost no sleep here lately. I suppose every new mom feels that way at some time, so maybe I should be glad that I haven't felt it until just now. Bear has decided that he would like to go to bed at 10 pm and wake at 4 or 5 am. Well, I just can't do that. He'll take a LOOOOOONG nap around 8 or 9 if I let him, but I get no nap, so I am TIRED! Bear will sleep until 6 or 7 if I lie down with him on our futon, but that's not very comfortable for me. My husband and I were talking last night and he thinks that I should deprive Bear of some of his naps so that he'll sleep at night. I don't know if that's right or not, but right now, I'm ready to do just about anything to change his sleeping patterns. I don't see what it could hurt, honestly. I may have an extra grouchy baby during the day, but surely I can deal for a few days!

I worked a 40 hour per week job prior to having Bear and I just recently told them for sure that I was not coming back. I knew that I wasn't going to go back to work full time, but I thought I might want to work on weekends. I thought wrong! I would miss my family time on weekends too much. I love when the 3 of us can hang out together, that is, if I can get my husband to sit still for any length of time. On weekends, he'll sit around the house for an hour or two, but then he feels like he's wasting time, so he goes to a store or something and then he'll come back for a bit. He'll realize we need something else, so he'll leave again, and then come back for a little while. Then he might do yardwork or other stuff around the house. Don't get me wrong, we really do need the stuff done that he does, it just seems like he's always running on the weekends. Anyhow, my boss at my old job called me a couple of days ago to ask if I could work one weekend a month, and I think I'm going to do it. Bear and his daddy need to spend some time together without me around. I have trouble not jumping in to help (or just taking over) if I think my husband isn't handling something like I would, so this will force me to leave and not worry about the 2 of them for a while. Also, of course I love the little guy, but I really liked most of the people I worked with, too, and I miss them. I used to laugh a lot more than I do right now and I want that back. So, I guess I'm going to be a VERY part time worker. I really think that it will be good for me and for our family.

No comments:

baby baby