Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Weekend

Bear doesn't seem to be too traumatized by my forgetfulness with the monitor the other night. He slept all night in his crib last night--something that hasn't happened much recently. He has been raring to go at about 4 am over the past couple of weeks, and that is WAY too early for me, so I have been taking him into our room for a few more hours of sleep. That's not been going too badly, actually. Bear likes to snuggle (but I don't!) when he sleeps, though, so there has been more than one morning where I've woken to my body on just a sliver of the bed and Bear's little tiny body all spread out in the middle! I really don't mind him being in there for a few hours, but I don't want to do that forever. The nights that he spends the entire night in his crib, like last night, give me hope for the future.

My dad was here last weekend and I think he had fun with Bear. We didn't do much--he got here lat Friday afternoon and left Sunday morning, so we didn't have much time. We went out to eat on Friday night. We went to a restaurant that had a buffet, so I fed Bear some food off my plate and boy, did he love it! He tried mashed potatoes and lima beans for the first time and my dad even gave him a little taste of banana pudding! He had even already eaten his own dinner, but he just kept taking little bites from mine! Oh well, I guess he decided that was the night for him to branch out.

On Saturday, we went shopping at Sam's. Now, I'm all about getting a good deal, so I was excited to see what Sam's could offer me. I know that Sam's mostly caters to small businesses, but I hear lots of families talk about going there, too, so I thought it was worth a shot. Let me tell you, it was not. Maybe on some stuff they can offer good deals, but on diapers and formula, they do not. They are exactly the same price that you can find them elsewhere, they just come in bigger packages. And really, who has the extra space? Actually, I found diapers at Target for quite a bit cheaper this week. They were on clearance for some reason--do diapers expire?? Anyhow, I loaded up, so we should be good on those for a while. At least I know that Max and I don't need a Sam's membership. (We were shopping with my dad's card on Saturday.)

That's about it for the weekend! Bear and I are headed to the gym this morning, and then hopefully, if he's not too tired, to the pool. Don't worry, I will be using sunscreen this time!

No comments:

baby baby