Monday, July 21, 2008

Weekend update

It has been a laid back weekend around here. The three of us went out to lunch and shopping together on Saturday and of course, that means Bear scored a couple new toys! Max and I always do that--we went out to look at umbrella strollers because we're going to need one soon, and we ended up buying toys for our boy. Oh well, we found a small stroller we liked and are probably going to end up getting anyhow and Bear likes the toys, so I guess everybody wins. We did absolutely NOTHING on Sunday. It was extremely hot and humid outside, so we just stayed in and played with Bear.

Bear has not been sleeping too well over the past week or so (actually over his whole life, but it's been worse over the past week), but I think I know why now. He has a tooth that is very, very close to breaking through on the bottom left. It is all swollen and he's been chewing on anything he can get his hands on. Usually it's his hands, but he also likes to wad up my shirts and chew on them. I hope it doesn't take too long for that tooth to show up! He seems to be in some pain and I don't like my baby to hurt. We've given him Orajel, Tylenol, and teething tablets (not all at the same time, of course!) to try and relieve some pain for him and they all seem to help, but just a little. If nothing else, the Tylenol and the teething tablets calm him down so he can sleep, so that's a plus.

I know I just keep boring everyone by writing about him being ready to crawl, but he's taken it a step further. He's been getting on his hands and knees and rocking back and forth for a few days, but yesterday, he decided to move a little. He was on his hands and knees doing the rocking thing, but then he moved his knees forward, one at a time. His hands didn't move, so he fell over within a few seconds. He doesn't quite have the movements down, but I have a boy genius on my hands here, so I'm sure he'll get it soon. And then he'll be EVERYWHERE! He has started complaining and arching his back when he no longer wants to be held, so we usually just set him on the floor. When he's on the floor, he works on crawling practice until he gets tired and then he starts either rolling around or turning in circles while he's on his stomach. This boy wants to MOVE!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Evenflo makes an awesome umbrella stroller, it even has a basket underneath! (my friend has one for her little guy)

I've got the Jeep umbrella stroller that comes in three colors! Of course I had to have pink! LOL!

YAY For new toys! Kaitlynn loves getting new toys!

baby baby