Saturday, August 16, 2008

Disappointed

Okay. I'm disappointed. I'm now too sick to even go to Michigan, and we had to cancel our trip altogether. I feel guilty because my mom and dad and brother are all there visiting as well, so they were waiting on us to get there. I know I can't help being sick, but I feel like I should be able to tough it out or something. But, I'm not going to. I'm not going to force myself to endure a LONG car ride and a crying baby who won't sleep because his schedule is off while I feel so bad. My sore throat was so bad on Thursday night that I couldn't even eat broth or drink water. I've never had a sore throat that bad and I got really worried at that point. My neighbor's children have hand, foot and mouth disease and I REALLY did not want that. I was scared that I had it, even though I read that it is extremely unlikely for adults to get it. I started getting really irrational and no one could convince me that I didn't have it. I got over it in a few hours and I even felt a bit better when I woke up on Friday morning. We were originally supposed to leave on Friday afternoon, but we decided the night before to push it until Sat. morning. Well, by Friday afternoon, I was miserable. I still had a sore throat and congestion, but I also had a fever and nausea. Max came home early from work so I could go to the doctor. It was determined that I have a sinus infection, which I didn't realize could make you so sick. I'm taking antibiotics, so hopefully I'll be better soon. I think we're going to try and go to MI at the end of this month instead. That should be a much more pleasant trip with nobody sick!

No comments:

baby baby