Sunday, August 10, 2008

What's wrong with Bear?

I don't know the answer to that question, but I feel like something could be wrong. Last night, we went out to eat and he was seriously irritable the entire time. He didn't want to sit in the highchair, didn't want to play, and didn't want to be held. He's normally really cool in restaurants--we feed him and then he entertains himself with toys or pieces of cereal while we eat. I chalked it up to him just being tired or something, so when we got home, I gave him a bath and got him ready for bed. We were sitting on the couch watching the Olympics (not because I'm all that interested, but DANG, there's nothing on tv on Saturday nights) when he just started throwing up. It was pretty bad and it was ALL OVER ME! Seriously. Even my underwear got hit with it (I was wearing shorts). I changed clothes and changed Bear's pajamas and he finally fell asleep. He woke up about every 45 minutes, though, so after we went to bed I got up with him 3 or 4 times and then gave up and brought him to our bed. He woke up crying (which usually means he's not ready to get up) at about 7, but I couldn't get him back to sleep, so I got up with him. He's been majorly grouchy since then. We've done all the normal stuff--played, jumped, sat in the Exersaucer, ate breakfast--but he wasn't very happy during any of these activities. He didn't eat much at all and he's been making this grunting noise that he started making when he's mad every few minutes. I really hope he's not sick, but I feel like he might be leading up to that, unfortunately. Maybe he just feels like being a grouch, but with the barfing last night, I'm not conviced of that. He doesn't have a fever and he looks fine, but I don't know. I'm just really glad Max hadn't steam cleaned the couch yet. Now the couch is all crunchy (yuck!), so we're going to have to clean it today.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Good luck on getting little Bear better! Just maybe go easy on his tummy with foods, and put him on the BRAT (Bananas, Rice, Applesauce, Toast) diet, but if he's not throwing up anymore I don't think you'd have to put him on it!??? Poor little guy! Does any ONE thing stand out that he's enjoying? (for Kaitlynn it's a bath when she doesn't feel good, we'll usually just let her play in there as long as possible!)

HUGS to you, and to the little guy!!!!!!

Amanda said...

Amanda--Thanks for the bath suggestion! That really helped him calm down for at least a little bit. He still won't eat much of anything and is pretty clingy, but it's not too bad.

baby baby