Thursday, August 14, 2008

Gripey post

Yep, I have a full-on cold at this point. I was hoping I'd get better before we had to travel, but I don't think that's going to work out. As one of my friends said, "Traveling while sick is no muy bueno!". I couldn't agree more. Not to mention that my um, "monthly visitor" has come to town, so now we'll have to make more bathroom stops than usual. That won't bother me too much, but Max doesn't like to stop a lot. I wasn't looking very forward to the actual traveling part of this trip anyhow, but this just makes it all that much more unpleasant. Not to mention that my patience level is a little short, since I'm sick. I need to have lots of patience for the car ride, so I'm going to have to work really hard on that. This is the third day of my cold, so I'll probably get better while I'm in MI, but this means that I can't hold my cousin's new baby. I know, I know, I get to hold my own baby all the time, but he NEVER weighed anything close to 5 pounds. He weighed much, much more than that(9 lbs, 3 oz)even at his tiniest, so I just wanted to hold a truly tiny baby. Oh well. I was really looking forward to actually being in MI, but this cold has me feeling kind of lethargic. That may actually be a good thing, because I have the tendency to get really worked up over stuff and then it never turns out to be as awesome as I think it will be. I'm still really excited for Bear to meet all my relatives, but I'm seriously dreading dragging him all over the place to do that. I wanted to take him to Lake Michigan, too, but now I don't know if I'll feel up to hanging out outside much. On a positive note, I feel a little better today than I felt yesterday, so I'll probably keep feeling better and better as time goes on. Just please hope with me that I don't give this mess to Bear. A sick baby is bad enough...but when we're away from home and everyone is going to want to hold him, it's going to be much worse.

His own illness seems to have gotten better. He still isn't very excited about eating baby food, but he's drinking formula and water and eating oatmeal, so I'm not too worried. I figure he's either teething and it hurts to eat, or he's going through some sort of regression before he hits a growth spurt. He was so excited about food before, though, it's hard to see him pinch his little lips together and refuse it. I hope he gets over it soon. I would feed him oatmeal for every meal, if I didn't think it would make him constipated!

No comments:

baby baby