Thursday, June 12, 2008

I'm NOT pregnant...YAY!

Now that I have your attention, I never thought I was! I was just thinking about what I was doing at this time last year and realized that I was hearing Barrett's tiny little heartbeat at my doctor's office. It was a very exciting time, but oh man, I don't want to go back to that stage! Pregnancy is too fresh on my mind still for me to be ready to go for it again. I seem to be surrounded by pregnant women lately, but I am definitely not jealous. Go back a year and a half, though, and it hurt me so bad when my friends and coworkers would get pregnant "accidentally". I was trying so hard to get there and just couldn't do it without drugs. Fortunately, the doctor I found in MS was very helpful and seemed to know just what I needed to do. We lived in Dallas prior to coming here, and my doctor there just acted like it was no big deal and I should just keep trying. Anyhow, aside from few minor issues (blood sugar, lower back pain, wetting my pants for the last few days!) my pregnancy was virtually problem free, but I am just not ready to do it again quite yet. I hope I want to eventually, because I never pictured myself as having only one child. Barrett may be trying to tell me that he's ready for a sibling...he slept all night (with only a few wake-ups for food) in his crib. This is the first time in nearly 2 months that I haven't spent at least some time sleeping on the couch with him! Maybe he's getting over whatever horrible phase he was going through. I've noticed that he was getting better and better at going back in his crib...so let's hope for the best!!

1 comment:

abbysmom said...

Yeah for sleeping thru the night!!!!! Sort-of?

baby baby