Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Sleep "like a baby"!!

I don't know who made up that phrase, but he or she must not have been around babies, EVER. If they did, that phrase would not refer to awesome sleep, but would rather describe the broken up, waking-every-three-hours-for-food sleep that babies are so fond of. However, last night, both Bear and Momma actually slept "like babies" as the phrase is intended! We slept for a solid EIGHT HOURS!! Let me remind you, this feat has not been accomplished since before I was pregnant!! We maintained our normal routine last night--dinner, bath, bottle on the couch--but Bear would NOT go to sleep. He normally falls asleep somewhere between 8:30 and 9:00, but sleep would just not come to the poor boy. He would almost fall asleep, but then he would catch a glimpse of Max or one of the dogs and start giggling or making a bunch of spitting noises (which he's really fond of lately!). So, after he spit on the shoulder of my shirt for like an hour, I took him into his bedroom to try and rock him in the glider. He fell asleep, so I laid him down in his crib, only to have him wake up and start making the spitting noises again. I tried patting his back, but that only woke him up further and he started balancing on his elbows and knees (something else new for him!). He FINALLY fell asleep at 10:30, and I was totally prepared for a night of less than desirable sleep again, but Bear surprised us by sleeping until 6:30!! I woke up at 5:30 in a panic, of course, and I had to go check on him. He was just snoozing away, though, so I went back to bed! So now I feel all rejuvenated and well rested, so I think Bear and I will go have coffee with the MOMS club this morning! Well, I won't let Bear have any coffee...

1 comment:

abbysmom said...

Yea! I am so happy for you!!!! And please, no coffee for bear!!!!

baby baby