Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!

Just a quick post today...Bear is whimpering to get out of his swing and I hear Max playing MarioKart and I'd like to join him. I wanted to post though, because this has been a really good day. I sometimes get down and don't feel so appreciated since I became a SAHM. I mean, there's no employee of the month award and I don't constantly have a higher up telling me that I'm doing well. That kind of confirmation is nice, but the kind I got today from Bear and his daddy has been much nicer and means a lot more to me. It started last night: I went to bed kind of early (9:30 or so) and Max stayed up playing video games. He came to bed around 1:00 (I think) and almost immediately Bear started crying. Well, I started to get up to feed and rock him, but Max beat me to it! It may not sound like much, but since he has to get up for work in the mornings, I almost always get up with Bear. Max has actually conditioned himself to sleep through the crying on the monitor, so it would be of no use to wait for him to wake. Anyhow, Bear slept really well last night and didn't wake up until 9:00 this morning!!! He must have known it was Mother's Day somehow. Then Max and Bear gave me a gift (a baby sign language book and DVD) and took me shopping and out for lunch. It was just a really nice day and although it's not over yet, I feel safe in saying that I have felt really appreciated by Max and haven't gotten pooped or peed on or even really been subjected to one of Bear's moods! I hope I can make Father's Day as nice for Max.

No comments:

baby baby