Thursday, May 29, 2008

Park day and shopping

Bear and I just got back from the park with the MOMS club and he seemed to have a good time. We went to Friendship Park, where they have swings, so he was able to participate a little. Previous park days that we've attended were at parks with no swings, so he pretty much just watched the other kids play. He fell asleep in the swing--so cute! He just kept hunching further and further down and his eyelids kept getting heavier and heavier until he just passed out. I took him out of the swing and held him while the other kids had a snack. When he woke up, he didn't scream or cry (surprise!), but he just looked around at the kids playing. We then ventured to Walmart, where I was just sure he was going to have a meltdown. I was wrong though...he was perfect! He only cried once, and that was because he was hungry. I brought a bottle with us, so he was satisfied to sit in his seat in the cart. He can't quite hold himself upright, so I propped him up with my purse and his little bottle cooler on each side. He is much happier sitting in the cart than in his car seat. He fell asleep again on the way home. I think I wore him out! Maybe we should go out more often. Yes, that is a dog crate that his car seat is sitting on top of. It's in the kitchen and is a convenient place to set his seat that isn't in the way.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that is really sweet!

baby baby