Friday, May 16, 2008

I will probably eat these words later...

I know I'm probably going to regret saying (well, writing) this, but Bear's schedule has become so predictable over the past 2 weeks and I am LOVING it. I am a person that likes schedules and routine, so this has been a wonderful change in him. I like to know what is happening and when it will happen and I am much happier when things go as planned. Prior to the last 2 weeks, he was unpredictable as far as when he would sleep at night and for naps. I never was sure if he would have the desire to eat a lot or a little or no cereal at all. But, it all just seemed to fall into place recently. Sadly, it is due to no action of mine. I think his little body just decided to get it together finally. The only thing I have done is to try and stick to the schedule he has worked out for himself. Not that anyone besides me is going to care about this, but this is how his day typically goes for now:

6:00 am- Wake up for about 15 minutes
6:15 am- Fall asleep with Momma on the couch until about 8:00 am
8:00 am-Have a bottle, play with Momma, get dressed
10:00 am-Nap
10:45 am- Have another bottle, play some more
12:00 pm- Nap
12:45 pm- More bottle, more playing
2:00 pm- Eat baby cereal/fruit/vegetables
3:00 pm- Watch Golden Girls with Momma
4:00 pm- Nap
4:45 pm- Bottle time
5:30 pm- Play with Daddy
6:00 pm- Watch Momma and Daddy eat dinner
6:30 pm- Take a walk with Momma
7:00 pm- Bath, rocking chair with Momma until bedtime
9:00 pm (or so)- Bedtime

What's really cool is that I can take him somewhere (grocery store, park, etc.) and he will still stick with the schedule for the most part. I am so happy this finally happened and I really hope he sticks with it for at least a little while. It makes life much easier for the both of us (and probably for Daddy, too, since I'm a little less of a grouch!).

On another note, this kid is seriously growing! I tried to dress him in a 6 month onesie this morning and it was TOO SMALL! I had to get out the 9 month clothes! I can't believe it...he's not even 4 months old yet! It's only the onesies, though. I think he's just too long for them and that's what makes them tight. His pants and shorts are still 6 month size.

Here he is enjoying his Jumperoo Horse:

No comments:

baby baby